My Home-Hackfest: new Development for LibreOffice Templates-Website

I created a site for the LibreOffice templates last year. The site uses Plone with an add-on product „Plone Software Center“. This add-on works with the objects „project“, „releases-section“, „release“,  „downloadable file“ and „linked file“. This structure is easy to understand for a developer but makes it a bit more difficult for a contributor that would only provide a template for LibreOffice. Thus I decided to rework the template website some time ago, but I had a lack of spare time for the necessary development.

Some month ago I heard and learned a bit about a new content object framework for Plone that should make many development steps a bit easier, the Dexterity content types. I used this new framework to setup the LibreOffice conference website with an add-on for managing the conference program (from Call for Papers to the schedule) (it will need some improvements for the next conference). The conference is over now and I got some space for the development of a new template-site add-on. I just started with a new add-on on the ground of Dexterity. It will provide a multilanguage feature (translatable pages). I started with an overall structure of the new product and developed some Python modules and their views. I read through the slides and content of a training (class) at the Plone conference 2012 and learned another way to create Dexterity  content types. I used this knowledge for the further development of the new template-site add-on. I created a page for a file upload in a different way that makes it easier to create a template for displaying the content (see a first screenshot below). I use currently no special style for the site (page). It’s pure Plone style.

 

First Steps to my first Diazo-Theme for LibreOffice-Plone-Sites

I heard some time ago about a new method to theme Plone sites. It’s the new Diazo-Theming-Engine that is implemented in Plone now.

I started with a try-out of different free Diazo-Themes (see one in the picture below) yesterday and created a new layout product (project) from scratch for this purpose. I worked on this further today and added some more content to this Plone-AddOn. I have uploaded my current work to github.com (https://github.com/andreasma/am.libocontheme).

ODFAuthors-Site with new Layout Product

The Plone site ODFAuthors.org got a security update last week and I noticed that there was an issue with the layout of the site. I investigated and found out that during the run of the buildout script the site got also a new version of the layout product that was customized on the file system. The new version doesn’t contained the customized files and thus I decided to create an own layout product for ODFAuthors on the file system.

Because I could not find a template for this purpose that I could use with paster or templer I used a layout product from another Plone site that I maintain on a resource of The Document Foundation and created a new layout product with a different name out of it. There were some issues with the naming that costs me some evenings of my spare time but in the end I managed it. The new layout product lives is integrated in the Plone-Site ODFAuthors now and everything works as expected. I will make some finetuning of the layout in the next days.