New local Plone Development Environment

Because I want to test and maybe patch the add-ons,  developed for The Document Foundation sites, for the upcomming Plone version 5 I created a new Plone environment from Plone coredev. After a clone of the repository from github I run buildout and that checked out all packages and build a Plone instance. I made a first run and it looks good. The work with the add-ons could start in the next days.

Some Trouble with Update of Extensions-Site

The LibreOffice extensions and templates site uses the CMS Plone with some additional add-ons. I worked on an upgrade of the site to Plone 4.3.2 but there are some known issues with the database, that I had not the time to solve tonight. Thus I rolled the environment back to Plone 4.2.6 with my saved buildout script with pinned versions. This copy saved me a lot of time to get back the current status because otherwise there are some version conflicts to solve. Both sites are up again now.

More Work on Plone

I worked on the LibreOffice Plone CMS sites further. The LibreOffice conference 2013 is running the latest version of the 4.2-tree now. Because of an add-on incompatibility with Plone 4.3.2 I had to stay with the latest 4. 2-version.

And I noticed that to some tweaks to the Apache server by the admin-team the LibreOffice webserver is much faster than yesterday. Great work!

ODFAuthors is on Plone 4.3.2 now

The ODFAuthors site, that is used for collaborative working on documentation, is running on the Content Management System (CMS) Plone with some add-ons. I upgraded Plone from version 4.2.4 to 4.3.2 without any issues today. The site was down only for a very short period of time and is up again with the newest released version of the CMS now.