I worked further on tasks that I resulted from the feedback that I got from the German speaking community in Essen. I already rearranged the view template of the new extensions centre. The centre displays the most popular extensions to the user, once it is called. There are also the most recent extensions shown in the sidebar.
The sidebar has also an area where the user could directly search for extensions by category. It’s created by buttons that link to catalogue queries. The results were displayed in the centre of the page. I added some conditions to the page template thus the area with the most popular extensions will disappear while the results of a query were shown. Instead there will be a query form and the results area shown. Thus the user could create a further search (with more options) and get its results at the top of the content area.
I’ll commit this changes during the next days and will update the new extensions test website with my commits.