I’m currently working on the upgrade of the ODFAuthors website to the newest version of the Content Management System (CMS) Plone. I worked on the source code for the new environment during the last days. Today I created a new test buildout for the site on a virtual server. I run it with a copy of the current ODFAuthors website and updated it to the lastest version of Plone 4.3.x. This worked out smoothly. I’ll work on the change over from LinguaPlone to the new multilingual app during the next days. This is a step that had to be done before the upgrade to Plone 5.0.x could take place.
I started with my work on the upgrade of the ODFAuthors website to a newer version of Plone. This site is currently running on version 4.3.x of Plone and will be migrated to version 5.0.x.
I added some new files to the github repository (https://github.com/tdf/ODFAuthors.org) today.
The new LibreOffice extensions and templates website showed no TDF favicon. I added this small favicon to the Plone theme of the site. Once we run the buildout script again the theme will show the favicon and the current work around with a webserver tweak will be unnecessary.
I added a site-feed to the new LibreOffice extensions and templates website today. You could get the list of new extensions and templates published on the site via rss-feed. The url for the feeds in the format Atom is e.g.: https://extensions.libreoffice.org/atom.xml
The site also provides links for feeds in the format RSS 1.0, RSS 2.0 and iTunes.
I added some smaller fixes to the Plone add-ons for the new LibreOffice extensions and templates website. I rearranged e.g. the file uploads for releases and added the name of the file next to the download. I will continue with such small modifications during the next days.
You’ll find the new website at https://extensions.libreoffice.org