I published a new release of the Plone add-on that drives the LibreOffice templates website. This release has some minor code fixes and is available on the ‘Cheeseshop’ (https://pypi.org):
I worked a bit further on the source code of the Plone add-ons that drives the LibreOffice extensions and templates site. I’ll publish new releases of this add-ons during the next days.
I pushed this changes of the source into the upstream Github repository too, thus they are available from the Github repository of The Document Foundation as well.
I worked a bit further through the Plone add-on that drives the current LibreOffice extensions website and made some smaller fixes on the source code during the last days. I published a new release with this changes on pypi.org today: https://pypi.org/project/tdf.extensionuploadcenter/
The LibreOffice extensions and templates website (https://extensions.libreoffice.org) got back his customized home page again since about a week. This site was created inside a Plone policy add-on package a time ago and its source code got some CSS-fixes some weeks ago. Great to see that it is again up.
There was the information that it would be difficult or impossible to install software on MS Windows 10 students edition without using the App-Store. Most often they use this version of MS Windows because they are short in money. Thus if they should pay for the installation of a free software from the App-Store they mostly will refuse to install and use this software. Especially if they should pay for every major version again (thus two times a year).
It’s moreover antisocial to charge this students for the installation of free software. Especially if you ask students (and others) to do volunteer work on the free software project and share their work.
If a free software project is going that direction you know that its members / leaders lost their society compass.
I created a Plone add-on from plone.bobtemplates some weeks ago and updated its functionality since then. The add-on comes with a .travis.yml file, created by bobtemplates.
But the .travis.yml file throw an error once it runs the tests in the test_example.robot file. I got the message:
AssertionError: Setup failed: WebDriverException: Message: 'geckodriver' executable needs to be in PATH.
After some searching as well as trial and error I found a solution to fix the issue. I made some edits to the ‘before_script’ section of .travis.yml.
- wget "https://github.com/mozilla/geckodriver/releases/download/v0.24.0/geckodriver-v0.24.0-linux64.tar.gz"
- tar xfz geckodriver-v0.24.0-linux64.tar.gz
- sudo mv geckodriver /usr/local/bin
- 'export DISPLAY=:99.0'
- Xvfb :99 -screen 0 1024x768x24 > /dev/null 2>&1 &
- sleep 3
I removed the entry: ‘firefox -v’ and added the three lines at the beginning, thus the missing geckodriver got downloaded, extracted and put into the directory which fited.
With this edits of the .travis.yml file the robot example test runs. I got the same message, once I ran the robot test example on my computer. I could fix it by downloading the geckodriver and install it on the machine.