A Quick Test With Plone 5.2 And Python 3.6.5

I created an buildout from the Plone corebot Github repository. I used the current development version 5.2 and run it on a Python 3.6.5 virtual environment. The buildout of the Plone instance took some time, but everything went well and I could create a new Plone site. I added the multilanguage addon to it and played a bit with the site. I added second language to the site, created a new page and tested the translation framework that came with the addon. It worked as expected and I got a page with a linked translation.

Then I tried out how the website of the Documentation would look like in a pure (not specially branded) Plone environment. I did a quick and dirty copy and paste of the homepage of TDF and the new Plone page was done in 1 minute. The page uses the default Plone layout and there were no issues with different screen size.

Document Foundation Homepage on Plone 5.2
Document Foundation Homepage On Plone 5.2 – Mobile Device Screen Size

Some Work With The LibreOffice Extensions Website Workflow

I got some information about issues with the workflow of the LibreOffice extensions and templates website. Thus I had a closer look into it and made some changes to the workflow scripts of the site, commited them to the Github repository and updated the website via the Plone buildout process.

I made some tests with the website after running buildout for several times but there were some remaining issues that need further investigation. I fixed an issue with the permissions manually in the Zope Management Interface for the moment (interim solution). I will look into this topic again, once I got a free cycle during my spare time.

Volunteer Time After Ten Office Hours

I worked further on the Plone addons for the LibreOffice extensions website after a long office day today, reviewed and published a template project on the website and examined an issue about the creation of gallery extensions that a user forwarded to me. I had to state that the way you could create a new gallery theme and include it in a LibreOffice gallery extension doesn’t exist anymore. I forwarded this issue to the qa-team.

Fix Website Styles For Tables On Template Projects

I started to rework the presentation of the tables on template projects on the LibreOffice extensions and templates website. The table on such project pages should fit much better now. I removed inline styles and updated the stylesheet. I’ll work on this for the extension projects too.

The changes will be visible on the site with the next run of buildout.

New AddOn Release For Templates Part

I made some improvements on the Plone addon that is used for the templates part of the website https://extensions.libreoffice.org. This improvements made it possible to remove older versions of LibreOffice from the compatibility list. The template will show their compatibility with older versions furthermore, if the contributor choose that compatibility in the past. With the new Plone addon release the site will get the compatibility information of a template from the index of the Plone portal_catalog. The new release is available at the ‘CheeseShop’: https://pypi.org/project/tdf.templateuploadcenter/

New Plone AddOn Release

I released my improvements on the Plone addon that is used for the extensions part of the website https://extensions.libreoffice.org. I made it possible with this release to remove older versions of LibreOffice from the compatibility list. The extension releases will show their compatibility with older versions, if the contributor choose that compatibility ever. The site will get the compatibility information of an extension from the index inside the Plone portal_catalog. The new release is available at the ‘CheeseShop’: https://pypi.org/project/tdf.extensionuploadcenter/

Update Extensions Website With Upgraded Plug-ins

I made some backups of the current state of all projects on the LibreOffice extensions and templates website and also created a copy of the content of the site. This took some time because I had to fight with too little disk space on the virtual machine. Thus I had to limit the amount of backup.

Once I finished the backup I run a buildout for the LibreOffice extensions and templates website and updated the plug-ins that we use to run the site on the Content Management System Plone. The upgraded plug-ins change particularly the workflow for projects and thus led to a situation where I had to check and update the review state of every project. I finished this work, which took a longer time for the extensions projects yet. I’ll work on the state of the template projects later, because I need a break now.

The change of the workflow state (e.g. to published) will send an automatic generated message to the project owner.

Python Script To Get Project State

I worked on a new Python script to get the current review state of all extension projects from the LibreOffice extensions website and write this state together with the project title and its url to a csv file.

I’ll work on a similar implementation for template projects next days.

Plone On Python 3 – First Try Out

The Plone team is working on a migration of the CMS to Python 3. I read about this migration and that there are good progress. Thus I decided to try the ported version out. There is a repository with a working on Github. I checked it out from https://github.com/collective/demo.plone.de. I followed the instructions in the file https://github.com/collective/demo.plone.de/blob/master/local_demo_latest_py3.cfg and it worked out. I could create a new site with Plone 5.2a1 and Python 3.6.5 (see screenshot below).