I worked on some test environment for an upgrade of the LibreOffice extensions and templates websites to the latest Plone 4 version during the last week. I had to find solutions for some issues. In the end the upgrade in my test instance were successful.
I worked on the current LibreOffice extensions and templates instance with my experience, that I got from the test instance today. I upgraded the Plone buildout from version 4.2.6 to 4.3.9. I had to fix an unexpected error during the upgrade of the instance zope database. Apart from this the upgrade runs smoothly. The LibreOffice extensions and templates websites are up again, running on Plone 4.3.9 for now.
The next step will be the change of the multilanguage framework to a newer Plone add-on.
I updated the test-website for the new LibreOffice extensions and templates repository with my latest developments today. I worked on four additional validators and fixed some issues in the view templates for the content. I added also a new theming add-on, based on the default Plone 5 theming product, named Barceloneta. The test-site is available at http://vm141.documentfoundation.org:9090/liboexttempsite.
Despite the sunny weather I found some time and created and published a new release of the Plone add for the extension part of the new LibreOffice extensions and templates website. The add-on is available in the ‚Cheeseshop‘ (https://pypi.python.org/pypi) yet.
Although I had to diversify my focus for various reasons in the last weeks I managed to work through some smaller remaining topics of the Plone add-ons for the new LibreOffice extensions and templates website. I already created a new release for the templates part and uploaded it to the ‚Cheeseshop‘. A new release for the extension part will follow soon.
Besides this I created a new theming add-on for the website based on the default Plone 5 theme, Barceloneta, that could be improved later.
I also worked with the user/contributor of the current site, started the preparation of the site stuff for the migration to the newer framework. I did some work on the buildout environment for an upgrade to the latest Plone 4.3 version. I’ll run this upgrade during the next days, once all tests are completed.
I worked further on the Plone add-ons for the new LibreOffice extensions and templates website and made some changes to the view templates for projects and releases. It’s easier to theme them now. I’ll push a new release of the add-on for the templates part to the ‚cheeseshop‘ during the next days.
During the German speaking LibreOffice community we discussed to work on an educational site. I made a first draft of a Plone site for such a LibreOffice educational portal and did some further work over the last weeks. I committed my code to the github repository of the Document Foundation.
Today I run buildout on the educational site again and it is in sync with my current development status yet. You can view the site at: http://vm141.documentfoundation.org:9090/bildungsportal/libreoffice-bildungsportal
I worked a bit on the way the educational add-on creates URLs for new projects. It uses the title of a project now. I added also a feature to validate the project name uniqueness. I’ll work on the view of the projects next time.
I worked again with the index and search feature of Plone to finish the search function in the new add-on that could be the main part of a new LibreOffice educational site. I fixed the last bits and added some more entries to the categories fields. The index is working fine now. Committed my changes under GPL to TDF’s github repository.
I worked with the index and search feature of the Plone add-on for a LibreOffice educational site. I added also some more dexterity form fields and changed some field names. The search feature needs another day of love.
I worked a bit further on a Plone add-on that could be used for a website with educational content provided under free licenses. The add-on itself will be available under GPL.