I released an update of a further Plone addon today, that I worked on together with our service provider within some weeks. The addon drives the templates part of the LibreOffice extensions and templates website. The update creates some improvements for the website and updates the the localisation template and the German localisation with the last string changes. I edited and updated the German localisation file with poedit, a great open source tool.
You could get the new releae of the Plone addon from the ‚cheeseshop‘ (https://pypi.python.org/pypi) with the direct link:
I worked together with our service provider on improvements of the Plone addon for some weeks, that drives the extensions part of the LibreOffice extensions and templates website. I added the last changes and an update for the localisation template and the German localisation today. I used for the latter one the open source editor poedit.
Once I finished the update of the German localisation I created a new release of the Plone addon and uploaded it to the ‚cheeseshop‘ (https://pypi.python.org/pypi). The release 0.14 of the addon is publicly available now at:
I worked again on the language setting of ODFAuthors content for some hours. I was able to change the language setting of a lot of content items and there are only a smaller list of remaining items. Seemed I could see the light at the end of the tunnel.
I’m working with the current ODFAuthors site for the migration to a new Plone version. I change the language settings for nearly all content items to language independent. I had to do this manually.
I reworked in my Python script that give back a list of all users of a Plone website and some lists with e.g. not active contributors. I run this script on the new LibreOffice extensions and templates site today.
I created another script that creates two csv-lists, one with the name and the URL of all tempate projects and another one with the same data for extension projects.
I created a test environment for the migration of the ODFAuthors site to the current Plone version. I updated the test site to the latest version of Plone 4.3.x and am working on the migration of the localized folders and files inside the site now. They need a migration from the LinguaPlone settings to the new plone.app.multilingual. It seems there are some issues to solve and it could take me some time.
I’m currently working on the upgrade of the ODFAuthors website to the newest version of the Content Management System (CMS) Plone. I worked on the source code for the new environment during the last days. Today I created a new test buildout for the site on a virtual server. I run it with a copy of the current ODFAuthors website and updated it to the lastest version of Plone 4.3.x. This worked out smoothly. I’ll work on the change over from LinguaPlone to the new multilingual app during the next days. This is a step that had to be done before the upgrade to Plone 5.0.x could take place.
I started with my work on the upgrade of the ODFAuthors website to a newer version of Plone. This site is currently running on version 4.3.x of Plone and will be migrated to version 5.0.x.
I added some new files to the github repository (https://github.com/tdf/ODFAuthors.org) today.
The new LibreOffice extensions and templates website showed no TDF favicon. I added this small favicon to the Plone theme of the site. Once we run the buildout script again the theme will show the favicon and the current work around with a webserver tweak will be unnecessary.
I added a site-feed to the new LibreOffice extensions and templates website today. You could get the list of new extensions and templates published on the site via rss-feed. The url for the feeds in the format Atom is e.g.: https://extensions.libreoffice.org/atom.xml
The site also provides links for feeds in the format RSS 1.0, RSS 2.0 and iTunes.