It is easy to post a date for an online meeting (e.g. a public phone call). But such a meeting will most likely not take place, if the one, who invited, didn’t put himself/herself one vor more topics on the agenda. It is similar to offline meetings. You wouldn’t invite for such a meeting without an agenda. And you wouldn’t expect that the one, who invited, will not attend and lead the meeting, would you?
Thus some rules oft thumb:
- Invite for online meetings you’ll attend yourself
- Invite with a preliminary agenda
- Put names (not only other people) behind the topics in the agenda
- Prepare yourself about each topic, at least to take over the moderation
- Get in direct contact with people you want/need to attend your meeting and convince them to come.