I’m working with the current ODFAuthors site for the migration to a new Plone version. I change the language settings for nearly all content items to language independent. I had to do this manually.
I reworked in my Python script that give back a list of all users of a Plone website and some lists with e.g. not active contributors. I run this script on the new LibreOffice extensions and templates site today.
I created another script that creates two csv-lists, one with the name and the URL of all tempate projects and another one with the same data for extension projects.
I created a test environment for the migration of the ODFAuthors site to the current Plone version. I updated the test site to the latest version of Plone 4.3.x and am working on the migration of the localized folders and files inside the site now. They need a migration from the LinguaPlone settings to the new plone.app.multilingual. It seems there are some issues to solve and it could take me some time.
I’m currently working on the upgrade of the ODFAuthors website to the newest version of the Content Management System (CMS) Plone. I worked on the source code for the new environment during the last days. Today I created a new test buildout for the site on a virtual server. I run it with a copy of the current ODFAuthors website and updated it to the lastest version of Plone 4.3.x. This worked out smoothly. I’ll work on the change over from LinguaPlone to the new multilingual app during the next days. This is a step that had to be done before the upgrade to Plone 5.0.x could take place.
I started with my work on the upgrade of the ODFAuthors website to a newer version of Plone. This site is currently running on version 4.3.x of Plone and will be migrated to version 5.0.x.
I added some new files to the github repository (https://github.com/tdf/ODFAuthors.org) today.
The new LibreOffice extensions and templates website showed no TDF favicon. I added this small favicon to the Plone theme of the site. Once we run the buildout script again the theme will show the favicon and the current work around with a webserver tweak will be unnecessary.
I added a site-feed to the new LibreOffice extensions and templates website today. You could get the list of new extensions and templates published on the site via rss-feed. The url for the feeds in the format Atom is e.g.: https://extensions.libreoffice.org/atom.xml
The site also provides links for feeds in the format RSS 1.0, RSS 2.0 and iTunes.
I added some smaller fixes to the Plone add-ons for the new LibreOffice extensions and templates website. I rearranged e.g. the file uploads for releases and added the name of the file next to the download. I will continue with such small modifications during the next days.
You’ll find the new website at https://extensions.libreoffice.org
I worked with a Plone service provider on the setup of a new LibreOffice extensions and templates website and the migration of the content from the current site to the new site. We are currently short before we will move over to the new website. The new site will contain extensions and templates. We will not have to Plone sites for this purpose. Thus LibreOffice extension or/and template contributors will need only one account in the future. We migrated the user account from the current sites to the new one too. Thus all contributors will be able to login with their current credentials to the new website.
Above the home page of the new LibreOffice extensions and templates website.
liboextensiontemplatesextensionscenterAnd above the extension part of the new website.
More news on the new LibreOffice extensions and templates website will follow here during the next days.
The Plone content management system could run Python scripts from the command line. I worked already with such scripts in the past. I decided to work on a new script that reads the current users of the new LibreOffice extensions and templates website with some additional information (e.g. email-address, roles) and put this information into a csv-file.
Then I want a list of all user names line by line in a text file. The same I want for the contributors to the new website. This will help to regularly clean up the amount of accounts in the new website and delete not used accounts (the diff of both lists).