I worked with a Plone service provider on the setup of a new LibreOffice extensions and templates website and the migration of the content from the current site to the new site. We are currently short before we will move over to the new website. The new site will contain extensions and templates. We will not have to Plone sites for this purpose. Thus LibreOffice extension or/and template contributors will need only one account in the future. We migrated the user account from the current sites to the new one too. Thus all contributors will be able to login with their current credentials to the new website.
Above the home page of the new LibreOffice extensions and templates website.
liboextensiontemplatesextensionscenterAnd above the extension part of the new website.
More news on the new LibreOffice extensions and templates website will follow here during the next days.
The Plone content management system could run Python scripts from the command line. I worked already with such scripts in the past. I decided to work on a new script that reads the current users of the new LibreOffice extensions and templates website with some additional information (e.g. email-address, roles) and put this information into a csv-file.
Then I want a list of all user names line by line in a text file. The same I want for the contributors to the new website. This will help to regularly clean up the amount of accounts in the new website and delete not used accounts (the diff of both lists).
I worked on some more bits of the Plone 5 add-on for the new LibreOffice templates website. There were especially some localisation tags missing etc. I updated them and the corresponding localisation template file. The new release ships also with a first localisation into German. The source code is available at the repository of The Document Foundation at github (https://github.com/tdf/tdf.templateuploadcenter).
The new release is available at the ‚Cheeseshop‘:
I worked on the localisation of the Plone add-on tdf.extensionuploadcenter and added the last bits. I published a new version with this changes and a first localisation into German today.
The testwebsite for the new LibreOffice extensions templates repository uses this new release and also the latest release of tdf.templateuploadcenter. Thus it reflects the current development status.
The new LibreOffice extensions website will be driven by a new Plone add-on (tdf.extensionuploadcenter). I released a new version of this add-on some days ago. I’m working on the localisation of this add-on yet. I already created a translation template file (*.pot) and compiled a localisation file from it. I used the latter for a translation of the strings to German (as proof of concept).
During the FrOSCon I worked on an update for the Plone add-on that will drive the New LibreOffice templates website. This update contains some aditional validations. I released it weithin the ‚Cheeseshop‘ today. The new version will be available on the testsite for the new LibreOffice extensions and templates repository within the next run of buildout.
I worked in some more validators inside the TDF.extensionuploadcenter during the last days. I published a new release of this Plone add-on today. It will be used inside the test-website for the new LibreOffice extension Website during the next days.
LibreOffice kann über Extensions mit weiteren Funktionen versehen werden. Die Extensions werden von freien Entwicklern beigesteuert, können über die LibreOffice-Extensions-Webseite heruntergeladen und in LibreOffice installiert werden. So findet sich dort auch eine Extension, mit der sich eine Writer-Textdatei in das Dateiformat epub exportieren lässt. So lassen sich auch elektronische Bücher (eBooks) aus LibreOffice heraus erstellen:
I started to work further on a LibreOffice educational portal again these days. This portal (website) was discussed during a work weekend of the German speaking community. I created a first very alpha version during and short after that weekend and set up a development website. The site is driven by Plone and a specific add-on. I got some time to work on this add-on further and got the add-on more i18n-friendly. The add-on is hosted on Github in the account of the Document Foundation:
I added also a new repository for the configuration etc. of a new LibreOffice education website, which brings me to eight hundred commits to Github during the last year 😉
I had to work around an issue with user add form in the LibreOffice templates wbsite and found a solution. I added the user within the Zope Management Interface (ZMI), edited the user, assigned him to a group and reset his password in administration interface later. That takes some extra effort, but in the end it works for now.