I finally compiled LibreOffice online and reached my first milestone. Once this was done I had to create a new subdirectory on my machine:
sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/var/cache/loolwsd
Because I had to run the LibreOffice online with the rights of the user I had to change the ownership of that directory:
sudo chown `whoami` /usr/local/var/cache/loolwsd
Then I could start the online office with:
Once the server of the online office is up I get the information in my shell about the URL of the office with the direct link to the usual hello world document and of the admin Console. The latter one is https://admin:admin@localhost:9980/loleaflet/dist/admin/admin.html
The first one depends on the special configuration and file structure of your machine. It starts with:
I pointed my browser to this URL and get to the hello world document. But first I had to deal with the security configuration of my browser (Firefox), which complains about an unknown certificate.
And I could also get to the admin console with the URL that was displayed to me in the shell.
I compiled LibreOffice from source code several times and want to give also LibreOffice online a try. Thus I checked out the source code from the git repository first with:
git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/online
I looked into the README file inside the new local git repository and got the information that I should look into the readme files inside the ‚wsd‘ and the ‚loleaflet‘ subdirectories. I started with the readme inside the wsd subdirectory.
This gave me the next step. Because I currently use the Linux distribution openSuSE Leap 42.2 I had to add another repository with zypper to the list with:
zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/libraries:/c_c++/openSUSE_Leap_42.2/devel:libraries:c_c++.repo
Next I installed some dependencies with:
zypper in poco-devel libcap-progs
Then I run inside the main directory the following commands (in this order):
– automake –add-missing
And then follows the run of configure. In my case I used:
./configure –enable-silent-rules –with-lokit-path=~/libreoffice/gerritgit/libreofficeonline/online/bundled/include –with-lo-path=~/libreoffice/gerritgit/libo/instdir –enable-debug
But that doesn’t work, because the path to the directories of the LibreOfficeKit header files and the LibreOffice installation are to long. I gave it another try, copied the headers and the installation to another directory with a shorter path and it works.
I could then compile LibreOffice online with make and the process runs as described in the README inside the subdirectory ‚wsd‘.
I released an update of a further Plone addon today, that I worked on together with our service provider within some weeks. The addon drives the templates part of the LibreOffice extensions and templates website. The update creates some improvements for the website and updates the the localisation template and the German localisation with the last string changes. I edited and updated the German localisation file with poedit, a great open source tool.
I worked together with our service provider on improvements of the Plone addon for some weeks, that drives the extensions part of the LibreOffice extensions and templates website. I added the last changes and an update for the localisation template and the German localisation today. I used for the latter one the open source editor poedit.
Once I finished the update of the German localisation I created a new release of the Plone addon and uploaded it to the ‚cheeseshop‘ (https://pypi.python.org/pypi). The release 0.14 of the addon is publicly available now at:
I worked again on the language setting of ODFAuthors content for some hours. I was able to change the language setting of a lot of content items and there are only a smaller list of remaining items. Seemed I could see the light at the end of the tunnel.
I reworked in my Python script that give back a list of all users of a Plone website and some lists with e.g. not active contributors. I run this script on the new LibreOffice extensions and templates site today.
I created another script that creates two csv-lists, one with the name and the URL of all tempate projects and another one with the same data for extension projects.
I created a test environment for the migration of the ODFAuthors site to the current Plone version. I updated the test site to the latest version of Plone 4.3.x and am working on the migration of the localized folders and files inside the site now. They need a migration from the LinguaPlone settings to the new plone.app.multilingual. It seems there are some issues to solve and it could take me some time.
I’m currently working on the upgrade of the ODFAuthors website to the newest version of the Content Management System (CMS) Plone. I worked on the source code for the new environment during the last days. Today I created a new test buildout for the site on a virtual server. I run it with a copy of the current ODFAuthors website and updated it to the lastest version of Plone 4.3.x. This worked out smoothly. I’ll work on the change over from LinguaPlone to the new multilingual app during the next days. This is a step that had to be done before the upgrade to Plone 5.0.x could take place.