I worked a bit further on my Python scripts to manage some admin tasks on the LibreOffice extensions and templates website. I had to search for an issue in one of the scripts, because I got not the expected data. I found the first issue and got a step further. I’ll work on this further during the next days.
I had a longer list of potential user that tried to create an account on the LibreOffice extensions and templates website but submitted no valid email address. I had to delete this accounts – currently manually -, because they blow up the database of the site without any value to the project (and potential user, because there is no way to activate them).
I worked during the last days on the Plone buildout of the LibreOffice extensions and templates website. I updated it – with some support of our service provider for fixing some nasty trace backs / error messages – to version 5.0.8. I rolled the new Plone minor version and some updates of our Plone addons out today. The site is running on Plone 5.0.8 yet. The run of the update took only a few minutes. Thus the site was only down for about five minutes or less.
Worked on a new WordPress site and bot some header errors. Tried to reset PW but it crashed. Seemed its difficult vor impossible to usw the database to set a new password with a md5-hash. Need more investigation ;-(
I gave a presentation about the creation of LibreOffice non-code extensions at the Open Rhein Ruhr in Oberhausen, a local open source event in Germany. The LibreOffice project attended the event with a booth too.
I added a first template for a non-code LibreOffice extension on Github. I’ll add some more during the next weeks. You’ll find them in a subfolder of my repository for the extensionbook:
I got the chance to work a bit further on my script / documentation about German foundation law and added some bits to the text, cleaned some typos etc. during my vacation. There are some missing sections and I hope to find some time to add Thema soon. But that depends on the daily workload after my vacation.
I took some time to set up the environment to forward the Zope server port to my local box. Because I want to log into the Zope Management Interface with the permissions of an admin user I had add one first to the Zope instance. I run the debug instance of the Plone CMS with the command ‘adduser <adminusername> <password>’ for this purpose.
Then I started the debug-instance with the command ‘fg’. Once the debug-instance ran in forground (fg) mode, I started the forwarding within a terminal on my local box:
$ ssh -L 8085:localhost:8085 -N <server_name> -v
The <server-name> is the login to the server, whose port I wanted to forward.
The I could reach the forwarded server port in my browser with: http://localhost:8085/manage
This pointed me to the login of the root of the Zope instance and the ZMI. There I could login with the newly created admin user.
If a member of the LibreOffice extensions and templates website submitted a new project for publication it was added to the review list. But there is currently no notification of the reviewer about this new entry on the list. Thus the reviewer had to log in to the site constantly to check if there is a new project on the list.
To make the life of the reviewer a bit easier I added a notification by email in case someone submitted a new project for publication. I did this for both Plone addons which drive the LibreOffice extensions and templates site. The site itself runs on Plone 5, a powerful Content Management System.
I worked further on the small pc with an wireless access point and added a wordpress instance. I exported the work, I already did on my notebook and imported it into the database on the small pc. I configured wordpress to point to the imported database. I copied also the wordpress theme over and installed a missing event calendar plugin. There is only one missing point. I had to copy the content from the uploads directory too. That’s on my todo.
I upgradet my notebook to openSuSE Leap 42.3 with zypper dup and everything went well. It took only a relatively short time in comparison with an upgrade of MS Windows and I had not to restart my box several times.
The upgrade needed only some edits to the software repositories that I used for the notebook. Nearly all of them needed only a change of the version number in the URL Form 42.2 to 42.3. The LibreOffice Factory repository (needed especially for building) needed a different tweek. There is no sub-repo for 42.3 yet. This I had to change to the sub-repo ‘openSUSE_Factory’ instead. That was all I had to do before I run the zypper dup command.
Really easy to update the Linux distribution. And I had not to reedit my user configuration etc. Everything works AS before.